In addition to my experience with HDD projects, I have nearly two decades of experience litigating a variety of construction and contract disputes, including:
- Bid mistakes,
- Payment and collection disputes,
- Lien and bond claims, including claims under the Miller Act,
- Claims of defective and nonconforming work,
- Delays and inefficiencies,
- Differing site and subsurface conditions,
- Contract defaults and wrongful terminations,
- Insurance coverage under CGL and builder’s risk policies,
- Misrepresentation and fraud,
- Claims under the federal False Claims Act, and
- Claims arising out of the 2007 35-W Bridge collapse in Minnesota.
through a proactive approach to litigation
I strive to deliver value to my clients through early case evaluation and planning, combined with a proactive approach to each stage of a lawsuit. An early and focused investigation of the facts and law ensures that my time and your money are spent on claims and defenses with the highest probability of success, and not wasted on frivolous legal arguments and other dead ends.
My proactive approach to litigation means working with clients to identify their specific goals and then developing a plan to reach those goals efficiently and effectively. This approach minimizes surprises and surprise bills. It also helps clients understand in advance: (1) what I plan to do, (2) why I am doing it, and (3) what it will likely cost.
If you are interested in working with me, I would like to hear from you. You may contact me by phone or email. You can also schedule a free consultation by clicking here.
How to work with me:
Schedule a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your problem and goals.
I will review the facts and important documents. If possible, I will speak with those involved.
I will provide you with an early case assessment, including:
- An evaluation of your case and what it’s worth (vs. the cost of litigating),
- A strategy tailored to your specific goals, and
- Potential options for ending the case quickly.